Conditions of Service
The Fond du Lac Water Utility will furnish water and service in accordance with standards and rates set by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin as defined in Chapter 185 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code. All persons now receiving water service from this utility, or who may request service in the future, shall be considered as having agreed to be bound by these rules and regulations.
The business office was relocated on August 12, 2013 to the main water plant facility at 109 North Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935. New hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM weekdays, except legal holidays. The business office phone number is (920) 322-3680.
Service - Opening or Closing an Account
A new account can be established by contacting the Water Utility Business office either in person or by phone. The following information will be required:
- Your name and social security number
- Address of the property to receive service
- Mailing address if different than service address
- Date you would like water service to begin. Please note that we do not schedule service requests on weekends or holidays.
- Phone number
An initial service fee of $35 will be applied to your first bill (A $20 meter reading charge and $15 administrative fee). By making application for service, you agree to pay for all water and sewer services in a timely manner.
To close an account you need to provide:
- Your name
- Address of property for service termination
- Date of termination
- Address to which final bill is to be sent. Remember, there will always be a charge for service from your last billing date through the day you actually close the account.
After regular business hours and during weekends and holidays, emergency service is available. If an emergency exists, call (920) 906-5555.
Scheduling a Service Call
Contact the Water Utility Business office at 920-322-3680 to arrange a date and time for the service call. Provide information regarding the problem your are experiencing. Request service in advance and we will make every effort to work with the limitations a customer may have. Often times a first call in the morning, late afternoon or lunchtime appointment can be arranged.