Effective April 1, 2013 the Department of Public Works Bulky Waste Drop Off Site, located at 530 Doty St. begins summer operating hours:
Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours (April 1 – November 30)
Monday, Thursday, Friday – 9:00 to 3:15
Wednesday – 10:00 to 6:00
Saturday – 8:00 to noon
Winter Hours (December 1 – March 31)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 9:00 to 3:15
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – Closed
1. There is a $20 charge for a single use of the site.
2. We offer a ten use pass, or punch card, which is transferrable, for $150.
3. We will now charge a fee of $400 annually for unlimited visits to the site. The pass sticker for this level is not transferrable between vehicles.
4. Prior fees of $25 for Freon items, $15 for microwaves and tire fees are still in effect and will be charged in addition to daily use fees.
5. Cash and checks will be accepted at the site using an envelope system similar to that at the city’s boat launch facilities.
6. The ability to accept credit and debit cards is under consideration.
7. Single use passes and punch cards will be available at the City Clerk’s office and the Municipal Service Center.
8. Season passes will only be available at the Municipal Service Center.
9. Non-profits and institutional customers will be allowed to purchase annual pass stickers.
10. Contractors will not be eligible to use the site.
11. We will make every effort to make the site available to annual pass customers during non-operation hours by prior appointment.
12. Construction debris will not be accepted at the site.
13. Daily and ten use passes will require proof of residency. Annual passes will require proof of residency or property ownership in the city.
14. Only metal items for recycling may be dropped off for free. Cardboard and paper for recycling will require a daily fee.
Attendant: The site will have an attendant on duty all hours for which the facility of open for business and will be staffed by a combination of full time and part time staff.
End of $5 curb side bulky waste collection: The city will no longer collect bulky waste at the curb using the $5 sticker system. The cost for bulky collection at the curb is $40 per cubic yard with a one yard minimum. There are additional fees for Freon items ($25), microwaves ($15) or tires(car $2, truck $10, tractor $15).
All household electronic devices including, but not limited to the following, will not be accepted at the drop off site: Televisions, Computers, Desktop printers and other computer accessories, DVD players, VCRs and other video players, Fax machines, Cell phones, digital cameras, iPods, etc. Information on the disposal of these items is available at the Municipal Service Center office, or call 920-322-3540. For additional information, the DNR e-cycling website is available at: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/ecycle
Pick up service is available for bulky waste items. Please telephone 322-3544 to schedule pick up of bulky waste items. The charge is $40 per cubic yard with a $40 minimum. If the items picked up include any of the following, additional charges will be:
$25 for freon items
$15 for microwaves
$2 per car tire
$10 per truck tire
$15 per tractor tire