CITY OF FOND DU LAC – Public Service Announcement
Department of Public Works – Municipal Service Center
Date: October 17, 2022
To: News Media
From: Adam Schmitt, Operations Superintendent
Re: Public Service Announcement – Winter Operating Hours, Bulky Waste Drop-Off Site
The Municipal Service Center would like to inform residents the new hours of operation for the City’s Bulky Waste Drop-Off Site.
Effective November 30, 2021 the Department of Public Works Bulky Waste Drop Off Site, located at 490 Doty St. begins Winter operating hours as follows:
Hours of Operation:
Hours (November 30 – March 31)
Monday 9:00 to 3:15
Wednesday 9:00 to 3:15
Friday 9:00 to 3:15
- General Fees:
- Waste that could fit in a 95 gallon waste receptacle NO CHARGE
- Waste loaded in a vehicle or SUV $10.00
- Waste loaded in a pickup or van $20.00
- Waste loaded onto a single-axle trailer $20.00
- Waste loaded onto a double-axle trailer $40.00
- Fees for Tires:
- Car Tires $5.00
- Truck Tire $10.00
- Tractor Tire $15.00
- Fee of $25 per Freon item and tire fees are still in effect and will be charged in addition to any single use fees.
- BULKY SITE PUNCH CARDS
- This transferrable punch card allows the user ten (10) $20.00 uses for $200.00
- Cash and checks are accepted at the site using an envelope system.
- Single use passes and punch cards are available at the City Clerk’s office
- Contractors are not eligible to use the site.
- Construction debris is not accepted at the site.
- Only metal items for recycling may be dropped off for free. Cardboard and paper for recycling require a daily fee.
- Fee charges are at the discretion of the attendant working
The site has an attendant on duty all hours for which the facility of open for business.
Curb Side Bulky Waste Collection:
The cost for bulky collection at the curb begins at $40 minimum and anything over one cubic yard will be charged an additional $40 per yard. This is in addition to any fees for Freon items, microwaves or tires. Please call 322-3544 for further information on bulky waste collection.
For additional information see the city website at http://www.fdl.wi.gov/ or call 322-3544.
Thank you for your cooperation.