The City of Fond du Lac is working with MSA Professional Services to develop an intentional plan for the enhancement and redevelopment of the North Main Street corridor to increase the economic vitality and desirability of this aging area of the City. As part of the development of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan, the public was asked to identify areas within the community in need of reinvestment through a community mapping exercise. The public identified the North Main Street corridor as an area for reinvestment and redevelopment.
The City has undertaken a number of initiatives in the Downtown area and in Lakeside Park to enhance the quality of life for residents, employees and visitors. North Main Street is an important corridor that connects the Downtown to Lakeside Park. The plan for this corridor will establish the guidelines for seeking future development and public investment to strengthen that connection.
- North Main Street Redevelopment Plan – DRAFT
- North Main Street Redevelopment Plan – DRAFT (Appendix A)
- North Main Street Redevelopment Plan – DRAFT (Appendix B)
- North Main Street Redevelopment Plan – DRAFT (Appendix C)
- Public Input Meeting Presentation – April 13, 2023
- Survey Results
- North Main Street Corridor Maps
- Placemaking Recommendations
- Northeast Corner Potential Redevelopment Concept
- Northwest Corner Potential Redevelopment Concept
- Public Open House – Monday, November 28, 2022