The City of Fond du Lac’s annual leaf collection will begin on Monday October 19, 2020 with crews starting in the northeast section of the city. The collection will proceed in a clockwise direction – to the southeast, southwest, and northwest sections. The crews typically will be able to make three complete rounds of the city during the October and November months.
For collection purposes, Main Street divides the city into east and west halves, and Western Avenue and Fourth Street divides the city into north and south halves.
The map will be available on the City’s website indicating the progress collection crews have made to date. Beginning Monday, October 19, visit the City website at http://www.fdl.wi.gov/ and click on “Leaf Collection Progress Map” under “Important Notices”. The map will show which areas have been covered by collection crews, and arrows will indicate which direction the crews will be moving. The map will be updated toward the end of each work day.
As an alternative to the collection, residents may haul their leaves to the City’s yard waste drop off site located on the north side of the Municipal Service Center located at 530 Doty Street. Bags must be emptied and disposed of properly at the site.
- Leaves should be raked in rows next to the curb for collection by City crews.
- As a REMINDER City Code prohibits leaves and other materials to be placed in the street or sidewalks.
- City crews will not pick up leaves in plastic bags.
- Park vehicles and garbage carts away from leaf windrows.
- Your garbage cart is for garbage only. Do not place leaves inside the automated garbage collection carts.
- Cut garden material such as vines and corn stalks into lengths of one foot or less.
- Fruit and vegetables (such as apples or pumpkins) will not be collected. These should be disposed of at the City’s yard waste drop off site on Doty Street.
Anyone who wishes to receive full seven cubic yard loads of leaves should contact the Municipal Service Center at 322-3544.