The City of Fond du Lac (pop. 43,151) is recruiting for a full-time Administrative Assistant in the Construction & Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department
This position performs a variety of responsible work involving the administrative aspects of the Construction & Maintenance Division at the Municipal Service Center. The position reports directly to the Superintendent – Operations.
The purpose of the Administrative Assistant position will be to:
- Take complaints and answer questions from the public.
- Monitor expenditures against the annual budget.
- Prepare requisitions for materials and supplies.
- Verify materials received.
- Maintain monthly records of labor, parts and equipment used by other departments and make monthly charges.
- Participate in the preparation of the division’s annual budget.
- Responsible for petty cash disbursements and reconciliation.
- Provides administrative and clerical support for supervisors and foreman working at the Municipal Center.
- Provide updates on City website for divisional information.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of administrative principles and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of record keeping required in maintaining divisional records and budgets.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective public and working relationships.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records and prepare clear and detailed reports.
- Ability to explain and interpret policies, procedures and standards and apply them to specific situations.
- Ability to apply situational reasoning ability by exercising judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Four or more years of responsible administrative and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs, with the desire and ability to learn additional computer programs as needed.
- Previous construction experience desirable.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 457 and Roth retirement plans, paid time off, educational opportunities, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board.
Please submit a completed application and/or resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position:
• City Human Resources – 160 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
• Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications reviewed upon receipt; open until filled with interviews scheduled after October 27.