The City of Fond du Lac (pop. 43,021) is recruiting for a full-time Administrative Assistant in the Construction & Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department.
This position performs a variety of responsible work involving the administrative aspects of the Construction & Maintenance Division at the Municipal Service Center. The position reports directly to the Superintendent – Operations.
The purpose of the Administrative Assistant position will be to:
- Take complaints and answer questions from the public.
- Monitor expenditures against the annual budget.
- Prepare requisitions for materials and supplies.
- Verify materials received.
- Maintain monthly records of labor, parts and equipment used by other departments and make monthly charges.
- Participate in the preparation of the division’s annual budget.
- Responsible for petty cash disbursements and reconciliation.
- Provide administrative support for supervisors and foremen working at the Municipal Center.
- Provide updates on City website for divisional information.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of administrative principles and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of record keeping required in maintaining divisional records and budgets.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective public and working relationships.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records and prepare clear and detailed reports.
- Ability to explain and interpret policies, procedures and standards, and apply them to specific situations.
- Ability to apply situational reasoning ability by exercising judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Four or more years of responsible administrative and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs, with the desire and ability to learn additional computer programs as needed.
- Previous construction experience desirable.
Please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position to:
City Human Resources – 160 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Email to email@example.com
Applications reviewed upon receipt; open until filled with interviews scheduled after November 29.