The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant/Inspection Clerk in the Community Development Department. This part-time position (30 hrs/week) reports directly to the Director of Community Development and is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Community Development Department, including customer service, maintaining records, etc., as well as providing administrative coverage in the Inspection Division.
Various duties and responsibilities include:
- preparing various memorandums, letters, legal documents, vouchers, charts, and other materials as directed;
- assisting in the preparation of State and Federal grant applications;
- entering annual operating budgets for the Department and various divisions;
- developing, implementing, and maintaining the department filing system and databases;
- developing, implementing, and maintaining staff reports and indexes for Boards and Commissions to ensure accurate and updated records;
- developing, implementing, and maintaining site plan review files;
- entering vouchers for departmental expenditures;
- issuing permits;
- scheduling inspections; and
- maintaining records and preparing reports.
- High school graduate with three to five years administrative experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- demonstrated competency and proficiency in MS Office Suite, and data entry;
- ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and life insurance, as well as participation in Wisconsin Retirement. Starting salary is $19.47 – $20.58/hour. Application deadline is Friday, December 20, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position.
You may obtain application materials by clicking here, or contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624.