Are you looking for a challenging role within an organization that provides rewarding compensation and an excellent benefit package? If so, the City of Fond du Lac is the place for you!!
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual pursuing the rewarding challenges presented in directing the engineering technical services of a beautiful, growing and thriving city of 43,151 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance that includes the flexibility of hours in positively serving the residents of the City in everything we do. We take pride in our values: Excellence in Service, Honesty, Integrity, and Personal Accountability.
The Engineering Division of eleven employees includes five Engineering Technicians, three Civil Engineers, one GIS Coordinator, one GIS Specialist, and an Administrative Assistant with an annual operational budget of $1,000,000 and yearly capital projects of $8-10 million. Fond du Lac’s infrastructure includes:
• 176 miles of streets;
• 34 bridges;
• 224 miles of water mains;
• 206 miles of sanitary sewers;
• 228 miles of storm sewer; and
• 19 parks covering 700 acres.
This full-time position – City Engineer – reports directly to the Director of Public Works and will supervise, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Engineering and GIS Division, including personnel.
Various duties include:
- Developing and prioritizing design projects;
- Scheduling construction projects to be performed by Public Works crews;
- Planning and supervising the preparation of studies in preparation of detailed project plans;
- Managing activities relating to traffic engineering in the City;
- Developing, preparing, and administering contracts for materials and services; estimating quantities of materials required; analyzing bids and making recommendations to the Purchasing Committee as appropriate; ensuring that materials are delivered and specifications are complied with; preparing estimates for payment to the vendor or contractor.
Responsibilities include coordinating policies and proper procedures with appropriate staff and general public to include:
- City Clerk and City Attorney
- plats, certified surveys, assessments, notices, contracts, etc.
- Department and division heads
- scope and feasibility of projects
- Director of Public Works
- interpretation of policies and procedures;
- planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the annual budget for the Engineering Division and sidewalk program;
- establishing necessary supply lists based upon proposed petitioned work and Capital Improvement Program;
- General Public
- providing information and assistance regarding problems and concerns relating to public works and other engineering projects; notifications regarding the nature and length of construction projects; and maintaining contacts and coordinating activities with utilities and others as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with five to ten years civil engineering experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Four years experience in a supervisory role;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin, or ability to obtain within one year;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills; able to work effectively with citizens, developers and various special interest groups.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 457 and Roth retirement plans, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary range is $96,500 – $124,000 annually with potential to receive annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets.
The position is open until filled; first review of resumes occurs on June 25, 2021. Following this date, applications will be screened against criteria outlined in brochure.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please visit: https://bakertilly.recruitmenthome.com/postings/2956 for submission requirements.