The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Database Administrator/Programmer within the Information Technology Services Department. The position is under the general direction of the IT Director, responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the City of Fond du Lac databases and server applications to provide a secure and stable environment, and to support the mission of the various City departments, and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL databases, and server applications. Knowledge overall of database platforms, implementations, installation, configuration and integration with adjoining platforms.
- Strong foundation in MS SQL, Access, PowerShell, and Cognos.
- Knowledge in database development including performance tuning in a SQL environment using Transact SQL, and PowerShell, to maintain and optimize SQ: Server instances and databases.
- Monitors, tunes and analyzes data base operation for all Production. Test and Development environments.
- Must have project management experience and the capability to take a project from conception to completion.
- Understanding of Active Directory, domains and policy management.
- Exceptional at multi-tasking, organizing, prioritizing, and versatility.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills; ability to deal with difficult people.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree required or equivalent training and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL databases, Exchange and network applications.
The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Starting salary range – $61,285 – $70,000 based upon qualifications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Open until filled.
Applications are available in the City Human Resources office on the 4th floor of the City-County Government Center, or by calling (920) 322-3624.
Equal Opportunity Employer