The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for Election Officials for the 2020-2021 Election Cycle.
Work schedules are from 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Election Day and schedule may vary with job duties. Election Officials perform a valuable community service by assisting voters at polling places throughout the City on Election Day. Citizen involvement is essential to conduct open, accurate and fair elections in Wisconsin.
Election Officials are compensated $102.50 per Election and $20.00-$32.50 for mandatory training.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the right to vote and maintain order at the polls.
- Organize the polling place before the polls open.
- Check that persons are qualified to vote and register voters.
- Record who votes and monitor the election equipment.
- Provide instructions and assistance to voters and issue ballots.
- Complete Election Day Forms.
- Be an eligible voter in the Fond du Lac County and not disqualified from voting.
- Attend training and read Election Day Manual in advance.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Speak, read, write and understand English.
- Be capable of performing each task at the polling place.
- Work a full shift (split shifts are available for greeters and registration officials).
- Work well with others and treat all voters with respect.
- Perform duties in a non-partisan manner.
- Abide by state and federal election laws.
- Never engage in electioneering at the polling place.
- Be free from the influence of alcohol and or drugs while at the polls.
- Not be a candidate for any office on the ballot for that election.
Interested individuals may obtain application materials by clicking here or contacting the City Clerk’s Office at 920-322-3433.