The City of Fond du Lac Information Technology Services Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of ITS Intern.
Applicants are preferably in an Information Technology or related program or plan to be in an Information Technology or related program. Previous IT-related experience is desirable.
The IT Intern will be involved in supporting a wide varieties of technologies; such as maintain and support computer workstations, mobile devices, network, and telephone infrastructure in addition to the helpdesk support role.
• Knowledge of basic computer systems and mobile devices
• Hands on experience with diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer-oriented and patient
• Knowledge of personal computers
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, upgrade, and removal of information technology equipment such as personal computers, printers, and related devices
• Assist with help desk calls, scheduling and tickets
• Perform troubleshooting using different diagnostic techniques
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
• Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service
• Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Provide needed information on IT products or services
• Keep record of problems and resolutions
Hourly rate: $17.00/hour. Average weekly hours: 20
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter describing your interest and experience as it relates directly to this position to Jackie Braatz.