The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Records Clerk in the Police Department. This full-time position reports directly to the Support Services Division Commander and is responsible for the custody and maintenance of official police records and police data base, as well as performing related work and duties as assigned and required.
- Transcribes dictation
- Enters all arrests and complaints in relevant databases
- Enters traffic accident reports, citations, field interviews (FI’s), and warning tickets in relevant databases
- Routes police incident reports for court, follow-up, notification, etc.
- Assists with Court document processing
- Makes copies and bills accident/incident reports
- Assists insurance adjusters and investigators in obtaining accident information
- Maintains police records management filing system
- Provides administrative support for the Department
- May act as backup for police department payroll
- Assists with accepting, processing, redacting and dissemination of open records requests
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Computer Literate especially in Microsoft Office Suite
- Two or more years work experience and knowledge of office practices and record keeping
- Working knowledge of police operations and official records
- Ability to compile accurate records and maintain and manipulate data bases
- Ability to develop and maintain effective public relationships
- TIME Certification within 90 days, and clean background with no felony convictions
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Ability to work flexible hours/days (Sunday – Thursday) (Monday – Friday)
- Bi-lingual a plus
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and life insurance, as well as participation in Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary is $17.63 – $20.15/hour based upon qualifications and experience.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, with interviews scheduled after Friday, January 22, 2021.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position. You may obtain application materials by clicking here, or contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624.
The City of Fond du Lac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.