The City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 44,678 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Senior Network Engineer in the Information Technology Services Department. The Senior Network Engineer role is a fantastic opportunity to proactively manage and grow the Information Technology team and infrastructure. We are looking for a candidate to play a critical role in supporting the smooth daily operations of the City of Fond du Lac; this includes the planning, design, 24×7 management, configuration, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN. This position also manages network security and policies.
The Senior Network Engineer must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced office environment in meeting deadlines. The Senior Network Engineer must be able to handle multiple priorities combined with frequent interruptions. Organizational skills are essential, and a sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the prioritization of tasks are necessary.
Experience in the essential duties and responsibilities and/or initiative and willingness to resourcefully learn the following:
• Designs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains the local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN) including routers, switches, gateways, and applications servers.
• Makes recommendations for purchases of network hardware, software, and communications for current and future system needs.
• Tests network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
• Evaluates LAN/WAN hardware and software requirements and capabilities related to user needs and coordinates installation of required hardware and software.
• Documents standards for network architecture.
• Directs testing and develops procedures for problem management, disaster recovery, and network and system changes.
• Maintains and documents the city-owned fiber assets.
• Defines, plans, organizes, designs, develops, modifies, tests, and integrates database or computer hardware systems to protect against cyber threats.
• Maintains security and emergency policies, procedures, and tests.
• Develops and trains others on cyber security policies and procedure.
• Provides project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation, and customer management skills.
Requirements include a 2-4-year degree in Computer Science or a related field and have had at least 5 years working as a Network Engineer or related position in the Information Technology field. Preferred professional certification (ACSA, ACNSA, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP), or related certifications, or a combination of diverse education and experience in the field of Networking and Security.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 457 and Roth retirement plans; and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Relocation and Educational Assistance is also available.
The salary range is $77,500 – $99,650 based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets, as well as promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter describing your experience as it relates directly to this position along with copies of required certifications to Jackie – email@example.com
Open until filled.