The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Stockroom/Inventory Specialist within the Fleet Division. The position is under supervision to assist the City Garage stockroom including inventory control; and to perform related work as required.
Specific duties include:
• Assist in unloading shipments to the City facility.
• Check items received against shipping invoice to ensure the shipment is accurate.
• Unpack inventory.
• Use inventory control software to log information.
• Use forklifts to transport bulk shipments or heavy items around the stockroom or warehouse.
• Pack up defective items or overstock and arranges for the return shipment.
• Report issues or problems to inventory manager or store manager.
• Conduct regular stockroom inventory; organizes inventory in the stockroom.
• Place orders for supplies; replenishes stock as needed.
• Pull expired or outdated items from shelves.
• Answer vendor and technician questions about available items in stock.
• Retrieve items from stockroom at technician(s) request.
• Place special orders for customers when necessary.
• Assist managers and associates in preventing theft and maintaining proper inventory.
• Attend weekly stockroom meetings.
• Maintain cleanliness in stockroom area.
• Possesses physical strength necessary to unload, lift, and carry heavy boxes;
* Observes proper safety procedures at all times in the stockroom, particularly when lifting and moving
• Capability of operating forklifts and other heavy machinery to move and organize heavy items.
• Exhibit strong organizational skills.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Experience using computerized inventory management programs.
* Experience in Microsoft office products, specifically Excel and Outlook.
• Demonstrate ability to read and interpret invoices and packing slips.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Work well with a team.
• Exhibit familiarity with the range of a company’s products.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Previous retail industry experience, warehouse/stockroom preferred.
Special Requirements Preferred:
• Able to successfully complete a company-specific fork lift and UST (Underground Storage Tank Certification), and obtain a CDL, within 90 days of hire.
A comprehensive benefit package is offered including health, dental & life insurance, as well as Wisconsin Retirement. Starting salary range is $19.47 – $22.25.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt; open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer