The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Systems Supervisor within the Information Technology Services Department. The position is under the general direction of the IT Director; providing responsive and consistent service to City Technology users, and working in conjunction with the peers on the IT team to support the current environment and steer the future technological direction of the systems and client-side initiatives.
- Hands-on operational management of the city’s help desk support functions.
- Project management.
- Hardware and software inventory management.
- Developing and maintaining technical service relationships.
- Monitoring and auditing ongoing practices to ensure consistency and efficiency within in the organization.
- Supervise daily activities of the Network System Support Specialist and Help Desk Analyst by monitoring daily workload and assigning tasks by the help desk.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in computer operations related to technical operations side.
- Knowledge of changing technology and ability to communicate technical terminology appropriately to end user.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex information from various sources and be able to decide the best way to move forward on a project.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Networking, IT Operations/Support, Computer Science, Business Analysis or equivalent training and experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred with emphasis in MIS or Systems Programming.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL databases, Exchange and network applications.
- Prior leadership/management experience.
The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Starting salary range – $73,213 – $83,672 based upon qualifications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Open until filled.
Applications are available in the City Human Resources office on the 4th floor of the City-County Government Center, or by calling (920) 322-3624.
Equal Opportunity Employer