The City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 43,151 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
We offer opportunities to make a positive impact on the local community as well as a flexible working environment and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
We are seeking qualified candidates that enjoy working outside for the essential position of Water Distribution Crew Leader within the Water Division.
Qualifications and/or knowledge and willingness to learn the following include:
• Supervise the water distribution crew on job site.
• Assist in the coordination of repairs and maintenance of water; mains, services, and hydrants.
• Daily coordination of trucking construction materials and equipment to and/or from the job site.
• Electronic and paper record keeping of work performed including employees, equipment, and materials.
• Perform manual work on construction and maintenance of underground utilities.
• Knowledge of job site restoration such as backfilling, grading, pouring concrete, asphalt preparation, and landscaping.
• Set up proper traffic control and maintain safe construction work zone practices and procedures.
• Participate in the on-call rotation as well as after hour emergency repairs.
• Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial “Class A” driver’s license without air brake restrictions and with tanker endorsement within 90 days of hire. (can train internally)
• Ability to measure, estimate, and compute volumes and square footage of materials needed.
Desirable Training and Experience:
• Familiar with the operation of construction equipment such as service trucks, dump trucks, backhoe, hydro-vacuum machine, water pumps, various hydraulic tools and machinery.
• General knowledge of technology such as computers, tablets, two way radios, and smart phone.
• Ability to understand engineering blue prints, distribution mapping, and schematics.
• Basic principles of electronic water leak correlation equipment and data interpretation.
• Competent Person training
• Calling in diggers locate tickets.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 457 and Roth retirement plans, paid time off, educational opportunities, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Starting salary range – $24.15 – $27.60/hour based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets.
Open until filled.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a City Application or a detailed resume and cover letter describing your interest and experience as it relates directly to this position to Jackie Braatz. Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer