Remote Work Overview
Remote working is designed to allow employees to work from home just as they would in the office (i.e, answer calls, correspond to emails, work on projects, attend meetings via teleconference). With the growing recognition for remote work, we recommend that you partner with IT support staff to take stock of equipment and proactively test your capability for reliable remote access.
To ensure performance and productivity do not suffer, we advise the following:
- Ensure you have an internet connection
- Guarantee you have calls forwarded to your home or cell phone devices
- Log into your email and calendar
- Ensure you can access our applications and files remotely
- Have your token (hard/soft) readily available when remoting from home
Remote Work Tools and Guidelines
Remote Meetings / Collaboration
- ShoreTel, a teleconference service for a teleconference up to 10
- Microsoft OneDrive, a cloud-based collaboration service for securely managing and sharing files and folders.
- VPN into the City’s network
- Citrix into the City’s network
Join GoToMeeting via Desktop App
Join GoToMeeting via Web
Join GoToMeeitng via Android
Join GoToMeetings via iOS
Launch FortiClient App
- City of Fond du Lac Portal is the City’s cloud-based email and calendaring service.
- If you have a city phone you can view your emails through your smart phone
- If you currently have a city laptop you’ll be able to view this through the outlook client
How to Login to your FDL email on the web
How to Access One Drive
- ShoreTel is the City of Fond du Lac’s telephony service that supports business operations including forwarding and voicemail.
- Voicemail to Email guide for instructions for receiving your voicemail via email.
- Voicemail access from an external number.
Shoretel Call Handling
Shoretel Voicemail-Outside Access
Voicemail Quick Reference Guide