CITY OF FOND DU LAC – Public Service Announcement
Department of Public Works
To: News Media
From: Adam Schmitt, Operations Superintendent
Re: Household Hazardous Waste Disposal – July 19th, 2022
The City of Fond du Lac would like to inform residents there will be a household hazardous waste drop off at the City Municipal Service Center.
Where: Municipal Service Center – 530 Doty Street
When: Tuesday, July 19 2022
Time: 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Residents who wish to participate in this event will be advised to follow the signed route to access the Municipal Service Center.
FREE SERVICE FOR CITY RESIDENTS ONLY
Staff will be onsite to check photo identification
The City is partnering with Veolia Environmental Services to ensure proper disposal of all items.
Listed below are the items that will be accepted and items that WILL NOT be accepted.
- Aerosol Cans – Floor Care Products – Furniture Polish – Drain Cleaners –Bathroom Cleaners – Bug Sprays – Metal Polish –Oven Cleaners –Tile Cleaners – Disinfectants
- Gasoline – Oil Mixtures – Auto Repair Products – Transmission Fluid –Paints (Oil& Metal Based) – Other Oils/Cleaners – Antifreeze – Old Gasoline – Brake Fluid – Paint Thinner – Paint Stripper – Varnish
- Chemical Fertilizers – Photographic Chemicals – Artists’ Paints – Fluorescent Bulbs – Gun Cleaning Solvents – Fiberglass Epoxy – Thermometers – Fungicides – Herbicides – Rat Poison – Moth Balls – Pool Chemicals – Thermostats – Mercury
Bring Products that Say:
- Caution – Toxic – Corrosive – Pesticide – Combustible – Poison – Flammable – Warning – Danger – Reactive
- Cylinders (Propane) – Radioactives – Explosives – Biologicals – Medical Waste – Ammunition – Commercial Wastes
- Latex Paint – Latex paint will not be accepted at this collection event, as it is not a hazardous material. To properly dispose of latex paint, follow the below instructions:
- Open the can
- Dry or solidify the paint by mixing with Floor Dry, cat litter, or sawdust. If the can is full, you will need to use a secondary container
- Dispose of the can and solidified paint in your refuse cart. Please remove the lid.
Important Notice due to COVID-19
For the health and safety of our residents and our staff, participants will not be permitted to exit their vehicles during the event. Staff is also not permitted to enter the interior of any vehicle to retrieve items that may be placed inside. Please have all items in the trunk or back of a pickup bed. Individuals who do not comply may be refused service.
Please call the Municipal Service Center at 920-322-3544 with any questions.