We continue to navigate our “new normal” – working with and through the Covid-19 pandemic. We are excited that we continue to remain open, although if you haven’t been in our Center since March of 2020, you will notices that some things are not the same. Some of the main changes:
- We have a single point of entry – the front door by the office area. This is not only related to covid, but it makes the building more secure for our staff and our participants.
- Masks continue to be welcome, but not required.
- We ask you to please stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to Covid. This will help keep us and your peers safe.
- Tables, chairs, door handles, and other common touchpoints are cleaned regularly.
- When possible, we position seating so people are comfortably spaced from other participants. Naturally, this is not possible for groups where participants are playing a game at the same table. We also keep tables spaced further apart than before Covid, as well as limiting attendance to some programs and activities.
- Some of the areas within the building are still being used to store extra furniture.
- The lobby is open and you’re welcome to stop in to sign up for programs or meals, purchase 2022 Dine Out Books, renew your membership to our Friends organization, and ask questions or find information about community resources. Staff offices are closed to the general public and will most likely remain that way permanently.
- The shelves of books have not been put back out yet. Hopefully in the future we will be able to return to offering that service.
- Hand sanitizer is available by both of the doors leading to the front parking lot.
- Courtesy, respect, and kindness continue to be the key to a successful Center. We appreciate that there are many differing opinions surrounding Covid-19. We are not here to argue about the decisions that have been made, whether the virus is real, whether the vaccine is good or bad, or how many people have or have not been vaccinated. By entering our Center, you are accepting our Code of Conduct and agreeing to abide by it. As before, it is posted by our entrances. We are hopeful we will not have to address any issues that violate that Code.
- Individuals may bring in a water bottle however no food is allowed at this time
- No personal property may be left in the Center. Any items remaining after a program will be donated or discarded.
- Activities will adhere to scheduled times. All programs must end by 3:00 p.m. in order to give us time to clean and sanitize.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. You can reach me at (920) 322-3632.