Task Of Board
To provide citizen input to the City Council regarding the policies of the park system.
- Residence with city limits. Upon cessation of City residency, member will be allowed to complete his or her term
- Readiness to devote time and effort to duties of Board
- Sincere interest in the operation and uses of the park system and commitment to the importance and value of park services
- Ability to work well with others, e.g., tact, respect for varied opinions and points of view, open-mindedness and objectivity
- Good judgement, intelligence and ability to articulate the issues, problems and solutions
- Commitment to expressing ideas regarding the park and recreational needs of the entire community
- Ability and desire to solicit and interpret public opinion
Method Of Appointment
City Council confirms to a 3-year term expiring April 30th.
Monthly, usually in Meeting Room A, City-County Government Center, on the 4th Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Special meetings may be scheduled occasionally as the need arises.