Task Of Board
The Advisory Park Board is hereby created for the purpose of increasing citizen involvement in the City park system by creating a citizen board to provide recommendations regarding park planning, future use of park land and general park policy to the City Council.
- Unless permitted by statute or another provision of this Code of Ordinances, persons who are residents of the City or own property in the City or work in a full-time, permanent job in the City shall be preferred for appointment or selection to serve on any board, commission or committee of the City. An appointed member of any board, commission or committee who removes his residence from the City or sells his property in the City or stops working in the City shall be eligible to serve the remainder of his term but thereafter shall be ineligible for appointment.
- Readiness to devote time and effort to duties of Board.
- Sincere interest in the operation and uses of the park system and commitment to the importance and value of park services.
- Ability to work well with others, e.g., tact, respect for varied opinions and points of view, open-mindedness and objectivity.
- Good judgement, intelligence and ability to articulate the issues, problems and solutions.
- Commitment to expressing ideas regarding the park and recreational needs of the entire community.
- Ability and desire to solicit and interpret public opinion.
Method Of Appointment
City Council confirms to a 3-year term expiring April 30th.
Monthly, usually in Meeting Room A, City-County Government Center, on the 4th Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Special meetings may be scheduled occasionally as the need arises.
Paul DeVries – email@example.com
John Redmond – firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve J Klein – email@example.com
Application for Boards, Commissions and Committees (fillable)