Task Of Commission
To update the master plan for the physical development of the community; recommend programs for public improvement; advise the City Council on petitions for rezoning of land, special use permits, annexations, official map amendments, street vacations and plats; approve certified surveys; advise Council on land transactions and other public matters.
- Residence within city limits. Upon cessation of residency membership shall terminate at end of term
- Ability to listen to the people of the community and help direct the community’s planning and growth toward where they want it to go
- Common sense and soundness of judgment
- A demonstrated interest in serving the long-range interest of the community unbound by narrow interests and political expediency
- Demonstrated genuine and unselfish interest in the public welfare
- Personal integrity
Method Of Appointment
City Council confirms to a 3-year term expiring April 30th.
Monthly on the Monday following the second Wednesday of each month (City Council meeting night), except in December when it is held the Monday before the second Wednesday of the month (City Council meeting night). Meetings are held in the City-County Government Center beginning at 5:30 p.m.