Solid Waste Collection Time
Carts must be out by 5:00 A.M. on the scheduled day of collection. Residents may place carts to curb on the evening prior to their assigned collection day and must be removed from the curb by 9:00 a.m. of the day following collection. Carts need to be placed along the curb line (out of the road) immediately adjacent to the property which has generated the waste. Residents may check their scheduled day of trash collection by entering their address in the Solid Waste Schedule.
Location of Carts During Collection
- Carts shall be placed at curb line with lid opening facing the roadway for easy accessibility for the route driver
- Cart cover needs to be closed
- Place the City-issued carts 4 feet apart from each other AND 4 feet away from other objects such as mailboxes, trees, parked vehicles, and street lamps
- No pick up will be made in any alley adjoining residential
- No pick up will be made from atop or from behind a snow bank – clear 4-foot areas on the terrace, with 4 feet apart, where the carts can be reached with the arm of the equipment operator
The City schedules double pick days when the regular collection day is a holiday. Please refer to the below information regarding holiday collection schedules. The rest of the week’s collection day’s remain unaffected and proceed as usual.
- New Year’s Day – Day of Week Varies – Check for Public Service Announcement here under “Latest News”
- Memorial Day – Double Pick is Tuesday
- July 4th – Day of Week Varies – Check for Public Service Announcement here under “Latest News”
- Labor Day – Double Pick is Tuesday
- Thanksgiving – Double Pick is Wednesday
- Day after Thanksgiving – Double Pick is Monday
- Christmas Day – Day of Week Varies – Check for Public Service Announcement here under “Latest News”
**2024 Garbage Collection Observed Holidays (No pickups these days):
Monday, January 1st (New Year’s Day)
Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)
Thursday, July 4th (Independence Day)
Friday, July 5th (Day after Independence Day)
Monday, September 2nd (Labor Day)
Thursday, November 28th (Thanksgiving)
Friday, November 29th (Day after Thanksgiving)
Wednesday, December 25th (Christmas Day)
Garbage Cart Purchase
Garbage carts of either size (65 gal or 95 gal) can be purchased for $58.00 (limit 2 total per household). Payments can be mailed or dropped off in person at the City Payments Office, 160 S Macy Street. Checks should be made payable to: City of Fond du Lac. The cart will then be delivered to the specified property, generally within a week of receiving payment. At that time, the City can also pickup and dispose of the old City-issued garbage cart, free of charge. The City-issued carts are for residential properties only. Commercial properties must obtain containers from their service provider. Residents are responsible for replacing their own garbage cart if it is outside of the cart’s 10-year warranty. Broken wheels and cracked lids can potentially be replaced by calling the Municipal Service Center at 920-322-3544.
If you missed your recycling collection, please call Waste Management at 1-888-960-0008
If you missed your regular trash collection, please wait until day’s end to report any missed pickups. Routes are sometimes delayed or re-routed due to construction or other unforeseen factors. If it remains uncollected, please call 920-322-3544 and the City will do its best to come back and collect the garbage the next business day.
PSA Trash on Snow Banks 2021