Solid Waste Collection Information
The (Solid Waste) – (Sanitation) – (Garbage) Division is responsible for collection and transportation of most residential solid waste generated within the City of Fond du Lac. Garbage collection is collected weekly in the solid green carts throughout the City of Fond du Lac. In general no loose trash will be collected outside the garbage cart. New/replacement carts can be purchased through the City Garage or City Payments Office for $58.00.
Solid Waste Collection Time
Carts must be out by 5:00 A.M. on the scheduled day of collection. Residents may place carts to curb on the evening prior to their assigned collection day and must be removed from the curb by 9:00 a.m. of the day following collection. Carts need to be placed along the curb line (out of the road) immediately adjacent to the property which has generated the waste.
Location of Carts During Collection
- Carts shall be placed at curb line with lid opening facing the roadway for easy accessibility for the route driver
- Cart cover needs to be closed
- Place the City-issued carts 4 feet apart from each other AND 4 feet away from other objects such as mailboxes, trees, parked vehicles, and street lamps
- No pick up will be made in any alley adjoining residential
- No pick up will be made from atop or from behind a snow bank – clear 4-foot areas on the terrace, with 4 feet apart, where the carts can be reached with the arm of the equipment operator
The City schedules double pick days when the regular collection day is a holiday. Please refer to the below information regarding holiday collection schedules that do not vary:
- New Year’s Day – Day of Week Varies – Check for Public Service Announcement
- Memorial Day – Double Pick is Tuesday
- July 4th – Day of Week Varies – Check for Public Service Announcement
- Labor Day – Double Pick is Tuesday
- Thanksgiving – Double Pick is Wednesday
- Day after Thanksgiving – Double Pick is Monday
- Christmas Day – Day of Week Varies – Check for Public Service Announcement
When a half-day holiday (Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve,) falls on a regular workday, garbage and recycling collection will remain on the normal collection schedule.
Garbage Cart Purchase
Garbage carts of either size (65 gal or 95 gal) can be purchased for $58.00; payments can be mailed or dropped off in person at either the City Offices, 160 S Macy Street or the Municipal Service Center, 530 Doty Street. Checks can be made payable to: City of Fond du Lac.
If you missed your collection time, please call 920-322-3544 and the City will do its best to come back and collect the garbage same day or possibly the following day.