The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Water Utility Worker within the Department of Public Works Water Utility Division. The position is under general supervision to perform all duties necessary for the installation and maintenance of water distribution facilities.
Specific duties include:
- assist in trench excavation
- making repairs to damaged mains, services, valves and hydrants
- tapping new water services
- install water valves and hydrants
- assist in back-filling of excavations
- saw-cut pavement
- operate dump truck hauling materials and equipment to/from the job site
- operate hydro-vacuum machine for mechanical excavation
- operation of valves and hydrants
- stock work vehicle with necessary supplies
- pour and finish concrete curb & gutter, pavement and sidewalks
- complete full restoration of disturbed landscaping areas
- other duties and tasks as required
The position also requires the employee to be frequently available for emergency response during off-shift hours as well as participate in the on-call rotation.
Working knowledge of water distribution systems, construction and maintenance and associated equipment; a basic understanding of proper roadway and pavement repair; working knowledge of dump truck operation and maintenance; knowledge of motor vehicle laws; familiarity with construction zone safety practices and procedures; and ability to follow instructions. Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial “Class A” Driver’s License without air brake restrictions and with tanker endorsement.
Desirable Training and Experience:
Previous experience in performing manual work of a semi-skilled nature on construction and maintenance of underground facilities; graduation from high school or equivalent; competent persons training and familiarity with calling in locates to diggers hotline is a plus.
The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary range – $21.97 – $25.11 based upon qualifications. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Open until filled.
Applications are available by clicking the link below; in the City Human Resources office on the 4th floor of the City-County Government Center; or by calling (920) 322-3624.
Equal Opportunity Employer