The Downtown Design District includes the properties of Downtown Fond du Lac in the general area between Rees Street and 5th Street. A map of the district is provided in the Downtown Design District document below.
The purpose of the Downtown Design District is to enhance the character and appearance of Downtown Fond du Lac. Exterior changes to downtown properties – including signs, doors and windows, wall and trim paint, awnings, and renovation and repair projects – require review and approval by the Downtown Architectural Review Board (DARB). Project review considers design criteria of the Zoning Code and the Downtown Fond du Lac Partnership Design Guidelines.
The project application and DARB meeting schedule, and design review requirements and guidelines are provided in the document list below.
Zoning code requirements regarding the Downtown Design Overlay District are listed in Section 720-42 and Section 720-83 of the municipal code.
For questions or guidance, please contact the Community Development Department at (920) 322-3440.
Documents / Links
- Downtown Design District
- Downtown Design District – MAP
- Downtown Design District Zoning Regulations
- Project Application – Downtown Design Review
- Timetable – Downtown Architectural Review Board 2020
- Grant Application – Downtown Facade Design Assistance
- Downtown Development Plan
- Main Street Business Improvement District (BID) Map