The City of Fond du Lac will take proactive steps to protect our employees during the COVID-19 outbreak. We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of the virus in the workplace. The best strategy remains the most obvious – frequent hand washing with warm, soapy water; covering your mouth whenever you sneeze or cough; and discarding used tissues in wastebaskets.
Leave Policies and Requests
The Federal Government created a new law called the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act.” The new law grants additional paid sick leave and created additional FMLA coverage for certain types of absences related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you fall under one of the specific categories listed below, you may be able to take advantage of the FFCRA. Please contact Kristen in HR for more information.
- Employee received a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order because they have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Employee received a public health advisement of health care provider advice that they self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19.
- The employee has presence of symptoms of COVID-19 and a need to seek medical diagnosis.
- The employee needs to care for an individual described in numbers 1 or 2, above.
- The employee needs to care for a child because that child’s school or place of care is closed or unavailable due to COVID-19 precautions.
Telecommuting may be appropriate for some employees and jobs but not for others. Before entering into any telecommuting agreement, the employee and manager, with the assistance of the Human Resources Department, will evaluate the suitability of such an arrangement.