Flexible Spending Accounts give employees the benefit of allocating money pre-tax to reimburse out of pocket medical and dependent care expenses. Employees do not need to participate in the City’s health insurance plan in order to participate in the Flexible Spending Account. Also, employees who wish to participate in the FSA must enroll each plan year, they will not get automatically renewed.
- 2019 Welcome Packet
- How Flex Spending Works
- Expense Planning Worksheet
- Flex Enrollment Form 2019
- Direct Deposit Form
- Flex Reimbursement Claim Form
- 2018 Annual Standing Request Form
- 2019 Annual Standing Request Form
How Your FSA Works:
The FSA Plan offered through the City of Fond du Lac is administered by Auxiant. Contributions are deducted in equal amounts from each paycheck, pre-tax, throughout the year. Upon enrolling, employees will immediately be able to use their total elected amount to pay for eligible medical expenses but will only be able to use what has been deducted from their paycheck for dependent care expenses. Employees can submit claims for reimbursement online or via mail. A copy of the EOB (Explanation of Benefits) or an itemized receipt is necessary to verify expenses and validate reimbursement.
- For this example, an employee visits their healthcare provider and receives the EOB in the mail.
- The employee must submit a claim reimbursement form with a copy of the EOB to Auxiant’s Flexible Spending department. (If the employee elected automatic roll-over for their claims, they will not need to submit a reimbursement form or copy of the EOB if in the HPS provider network. These claims will automatically be reimbursed to you if the funds are available.)
- Auxiant will reimburse via direct deposit or paper check, dependent on what the employee elected during open enrollment.
The FSA is a “use it or lose it” policy. All claims for reimbursement must be accrued between January of the plan year and March of the following year. All reimbursements must be submitted by June of the following year. (i.e. 2018 Flex can be used for visits 1/1/18-3/16/19 and reimbursements must be submitted by 6/14/19.)