Check out more Fond du Lac jobs at FDLWorks.com!
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for a Pipe Layer. This position will be under general supervision to perform all phases of laying storm, sanitary and water pipes. Superior physical strength and stamina is required of the person in this position.
The successful candidate will have the experience and skills necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities including:
• Lay and tamp pipe bedding material efficiently and in such a way as to provide a stable and suitable bed in accordance with the prescribed grade
• Prepare and/or modify pipe joints for a proper fit
• Join pipe sections and insure pipe is laid in accordance with the prescribed grade
• Backfill area around pipe
• Set up laser equipment properly and use the equipment to insure that pipe is laid and curbing and flat work are installed in accordance with the prescribed grade
• Operate equipment (boom truck, tractor mowers, compressors, air hammers, salt and sand spreaders, rollers, wheel loaders, sweepers, sewer jets, vac-all) in a safe and efficient manner and performs other assigned duties as needed
• Provide assistance for underground and sewer locates
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Considerable knowledge of various joints including mastic, gasket, and others and the ability to practically apply that knowledge in a pipe laying operation
• Working knowledge of the types, classes and uses of sewer pipes
• Working knowledge of sewer system construction
• Working knowledge of laser equipment, laser plane, construction level and carpenters level in checking the grade on each pipe
• Ability to interpret grade sheets, diagrams, plans and specifications relative to sewer and street construction
• Ability to apply a thorough knowledge of safe work practices to sewer and other construction work
• Ability to read, understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions
• Considerable ability to operate construction and mainte¬nance equipment in a safe and efficient manner
Minimum training and experience required to perform the essential job functions include:
• Graduation from high school or equivalent
• Previous experience as a pipe layer
• Previous experience in operating various types of construction equipment
• Training current in Confined Space Entry, Basic First Aid, and CPR
Special requirements needed:
• Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial "Class A" Driver's License without air brakes restriction and with tanker endorsement
• Experience in the operation of construction equipment
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and life insurance. Starting salary is $17.42 - $18.42/hr. based upon qualifications, skills, and experience. Application deadline is 4:00 p.m., July 10, 2015.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position. You may obtain application materials by clicking on the link below, or by contacting City Human Resources at 322-3624.Email: email@example.com
Applications are being accepted for the position of Patrol Officer. The Fond du Lac Police Department will be conducting a continuous recruitment process.
As the Fond du Lac area demographics continue to diversify, the Fond du Lac Police Department will be actively soliciting applications from qualified minority candidates as well as candidates fluent in second languages. The City of Fond du Lac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Benefits: Starting salary of $45,144.47 plus benefits, includes but is not limited to paid vacation, holiday premium pay, uniform allowance, sick leave, health, life insurance, and retirement.
Qualifications: U.S. Citizen, 18 years of age, no felony convictions, valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with good driving record, Associate Degree or 60 credits minimum with preference toward a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college, good verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have the mental and physical ability to perform essential functions of a police officer and be able to use all standard police equipment, techniques and use of force options.
Note: Written exam; Oral interviews; Psychological profile; Medical examination; Vision examination (20/20 correctable); Drug screening; Background investigation; Physical fitness/agility screening; Successful applicants will be advised of written test date.
Contact Jason Laridaen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie Braatz at email@example.com for questions regarding position or application.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The City of Fond du Lac is currently accepting applications for Substitute School Crossing Guards for the 2015-2016 school year. Successful applicants will be assigned to work 2 hours per day at various locations in the City, as needed. (The 2 hours per day consists of one hour each in the morning and afternoon.)
Crossing Guards are responsible for the safety of grade school children while helping them cross at busy intersections. This is an excellent way to supplement your income. Hourly wage will be $9.91. A pre-employment physical, drug screening and background check will be performed.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the link below, visit the City Human Resources Office, 4th Floor, City-County Government Center, 160 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac or call (920) 322-3624. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org