Check out more Fond du Lac jobs at FDLWorks.com!
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Building Inspector in the Inspections Division of Community Development. This full-time position (38.75 hrs/week) will report to the Chief Inspector and perform inspection work as needed in securing compliance with electrical codes, building codes, zoning codes and related city ordinances (signs, fences, driveways, pools, floodplain zoning, etc.) and other duties as assigned.
Various duties and responsibilities include:
*Conducting plan reviews on minor alterations and zoning requirements
*Providing assistance to the general public on electrical, building and zoning requirements
*State Certification as Commercial Electrical Inspector
*Master Electrician Certification
*UDC Building Inspector, or able to obtain within 6 months of hire
*Additional certifications a plus
*High school diploma, technical college degree with at least 4 years of inspection/electrical experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities
*Customer service and experience working with general public a plus
*Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
*General office duties
Starting salary is $25.05 - $26.48 based on qualifications. Application deadline is Friday, September 11, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position, along with all pertinent certifications. You may obtain application materials by clicking on the link below, or contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624.
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Literacy Coordinator. This 25 hr/week position is responsible for student testing and placement, tutor/student matching, tutor training, community outreach, grant writing, fundraising, and office management.
Various duties and responsibilities include:
• Assess incoming students, match students with tutors, and reassess to measure progress.
• Provide new tutor orientation, training, and support.
• Prepare necessary reports to associating agencies and governing bodies.
• Keep informed of trends and issues in the field of literacy.
• Attend all meetings of the FDL Literacy Board and appropriate committee meetings.
• Coordinate existing and new fundraising events and community outreach programs.
• Establish and strengthen relationships with community leaders and businesses.
• Research, coordinate, write, and submit grant proposals and maintain financial records of proposals and fulfillment.
• Work with the Treasurer to create and manage the budget.
• Develop and maintain relationships with benefactors.
• Partake in community events to raise awareness of adult literacy.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education Reading/Literacy
• Experience working with English Language Learners or Special Needs is preferred
• Bilingual is preferred, but not required
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong writing, communication, and public speaking skills
• Knowledge/Experience in Long Range Planning
• Knowledge/Experience in Program Evaluation
• Ability to accept challenging topics with enthusiasm
• Ability to function well under pressure
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Willingly support the mission of Fond du Lac Adult Literacy Services, Inc
Starting hourly rate is $19.32. The position is open until filled.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position. You may obtain application materials by contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624 or clicking on the link below.
Applications are being accepted for the position of Patrol Officer. The Fond du Lac Police Department will be conducting a continuous recruitment process.
As the Fond du Lac area demographics continue to diversify, the Fond du Lac Police Department will be actively soliciting applications from qualified minority candidates as well as candidates fluent in second languages. The City of Fond du Lac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Benefits: Starting salary of $45,144.47 plus benefits, includes but is not limited to paid vacation, holiday premium pay, uniform allowance, sick leave, health, life insurance, and retirement.
Qualifications: U.S. Citizen, 18 years of age, no felony convictions, valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with good driving record, Associate Degree or 60 credits minimum with preference toward a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college, good verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have the mental and physical ability to perform essential functions of a police officer and be able to use all standard police equipment, techniques and use of force options.
Note: Written exam; Oral interviews; Psychological profile; Medical examination; Vision examination (20/20 correctable); Drug screening; Background investigation; Physical fitness/agility screening; Successful applicants will be advised of written test date.
Contact David LeCaptain at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie Braatz at email@example.com for questions regarding position or application.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The City of Fond du Lac is currently accepting applications for Substitute School Crossing Guards for the 2015-2016 school year. Successful applicants will be assigned to work 2 hours per day at various locations in the City, as needed. (The 2 hours per day consists of one hour each in the morning and afternoon.)
Crossing Guards are responsible for the safety of grade school children while helping them cross at busy intersections. This is an excellent way to supplement your income. Hourly wage will be $9.91. A pre-employment physical, drug screening and background check will be performed.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the link below, visit the City Human Resources Office, 4th Floor, City-County Government Center, 160 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac or call (920) 322-3624. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org