To become an innovative and resilient clean water enterprise revolutionizing the recovery of valuable resources for water and environmental sustainability.
Our mission is to operate and maintain the Fond du Lac Regional Wastewater Treatment & Resource Recovery Facility in a cost effective manner, producing effluent water that achieves permit requirements and to recover valuable resources such as energy, biosolids and nutrients to be used in an environmentally beneficial manner.
Responsiveness: We will provide collection and wastewater services that are timely and serve the needs of our customers and communities all day, every day.
Safety: We will work safely and protect ourselves and others before all other priorities.
Strategic Thinking: We committ to implementing projects, programs and processes that promote sustainability and meet the needs and challenges of our wastewater and resource recovery facility.
Environmental Responsibility: We will manage water as a limited but renewable natural resource in accordance with regulatory requirements and through coordination, participation and education with other stakeholder organizations.
Teamwork: We will promote communication, unity and cooperation among staff, as well as with our customers and stakeholders, in order to meet the common purpose of achieving the mission, vision, and work of the department.
Integrity: We will act in an honest, ethical, professional and respectful manner with each other and our customers, take personal responsibility and be accountable for achieving results.
Fond du Lac Regional Wastewater Treatment & Resource Recovery Facility
The Fond du Lac Regional Wastewater Treatment & Resource Recovery Facility serves the City of Fond du Lac and thirteen neighboring communities. Every day the wastewater treatment plant treats approximately 7-8 million gallons of wastewater in order to protect public health and the environment.
The 2008 project was the fifth major project on the current site including projects in 1927, 1949, 1964, and 1975. Elements of the 1949, 1964 and 1975 facilities were reused to provide added features at little or no cost.
Facilities from the 1949 plant as well as the 1974 plant were retained to provide additional treatment capacity for abnormally high flows at a low cost to system users. These facilities provide the necessary treatment to comply with permit requirements. During the flood of 2008 this facility provided effective treatment for 32mgd of flow for a 24 hour period, allowing for 34 mgd of flow routed through the plant to meet all permit requirements. The facility returned to normal operations one day after the storm surge subsided. Digestion facilities originally constructed in 1964 were recommissioned with the 2008 project to provide biosolids digestion and storage.