Skip to main content

History

History2019-02-25T08:12:57-06:00
History

The City’s first wastewater treatment plant, portions of which still serve the City as the Doty Street Pumping Station, was placed in service in 1913 about 1,500 feet from the current site.  The most recent update was in 2008 which makes it the fifth major project completed on the current site, including projects in 1928, 1949, 1964, 1975, and 2008.  Many elements of the 1949, 1964 and 1975 facilities were adaptively reused for the 2008 plant upgrade to provide added features at little or no cost.  These adaptive reuses save the rate payer millions of potential additional costs.The City’s first wastewater treatment plant was placed into service in 1913.

The City’s first wastewater treatment plant was placed into service in 1913. A portion of the plant still in use today is the Doty Street Pumping Station, located about 1,500 feet from the current site.